NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Daktronics (DAKT) are soaring 7.67% to $12.91 Tuesday afternoon following the electronic-display systems company's better-than-expected fiscal first quarter earnings and an optimistic outlook.
Daktronics reported posted net income of $8.7 million, or 20 cents per share, up from $5.7 million, or 13 cents per share one year ago, and beating the Capital IQ estimate of 19 cents per share.
The company's net sales for the quarter of $166.6 million were up from $138.7 million in the same quarter of last year, and above the $152.4 million analysts estimated.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite StocksSTOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. ---------- Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates DAKTRONICS INC as a Buy with a ratings score of B-. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate DAKTRONICS INC (DAKT) a BUY. This is driven by a number of strengths, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, reasonable valuation levels and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity."
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: DAKT Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV