Tim Hortons' new valuation is now the same as Starbucks (SBUX) , which has 7% consistent growth. Cramer says Starbucks is doing better in Canada that Tim Hortons. He adds this is starting to become a situation where investors think they are supposed to love this deal because Warren Buffett is involved. But Cramer says Buffett is taking a coupon and getting a good yield.
Cramer thinks Tim Hortons has gone up enough. He says Burger King makes "bad food" and Tim Hortons makes doughnuts. "These have not been exactly where you want to be on a secular trend," Cramer says. He points out that in the end, these are restaurants and the restaurants aren't doing all that well.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV