NEW ALBANY, Ohio, Aug. 26, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Bob Evans Farms, Inc., (Nasdaq:BOBE) today announced that, based on the preliminary results reported by IVS Associates, Inc., the independent Inspector of Elections ("Inspector") appointed for the Company's August 20, 2014 Annual Meeting, eight incumbent nominees of the Bob Evans Board, and four nominees proposed by Sandell Asset Management, were elected to the Company's 12-member Board at the Annual Meeting. The four Sandell nominees elected includes those elected to fill the two seats that had been left vacant by the Board following the retirement of two directors immediately prior to the 2014 Annual Meeting.
"The Board of Directors of Bob Evans welcomes the new directors and looks forward to their insights as the Board continues to serve the best interests of the Company and all Bob Evans stockholders," said Steven A. Davis, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Bob Evans. "We appreciate the support, input and feedback that we have received from our stockholders over the past several months. We look forward to a smooth integration of our newest directors into the Board, as we continue to subject our financial and strategic plans to rigorous review to enhance value for all stockholders."
Based on the preliminary results, the following nominees have been elected to the new Board: Douglas N. Benham, Steven A. Davis, Charles M. Elson, Michael J. Gasser, Mary Kay Haben, David W. Head, Kathleen S. Lane, Eileen A. Mallesch, Larry S. McWilliams, Kevin M. Sheehan, Michael F. Weinstein and Paul S. Williams.Bob Evans also announced the preliminary results for the other proposals presented at the Annual Meeting, based on the preliminary report of the Inspector. The stockholders approved amendments to the Company's Restated Certificate of Incorporation ("Charter") and the Amended and Restated By-laws (the "Bylaws").
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV