Analysts, as tallied by Thomson Reuters, expect Williams Sonoma to post second-quarter earnings of 53 cents a share, up 9% from the year-earlier period. Revenue is expected to rise 7% to $1.047 billion. Same store sales are expected to rise by 6.2%, according to Consensus Metrix, fueled by strong gains in its Pottery Barn and West Elm brands.
Besides its flagship Williams-Sonoma brand, which sells kitchen gadgets, cookware and gourmet foods, it is the parent company to the ever-popular Pottery Barn group of brands and West Elm, both of which cater to upper middle-class homeowners and home decorating enthusiasts. On top of that, the company has smaller extension brands such as Rejuvenation and Mark and Graham.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV