NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Kandi Technologies (KNDI - Get Report) rose Tuesday amid reports that China is considering providing approximately $16 billion in government aid to build charging stations for electric vehicles to help stimulate demand for the cars, according to Bloomberg.
The report states the policy should be announced soon. The funding would provide a boost to electric car makers, who have struggled with consumer concerns about price, dependability and convenience of the vehicles. The financial aid would also support China's efforts to reduce pollution (the nation is currently the largest carbon emitter in the world) and stimulate its electric vehicle industry, which includes Kandi Technologies.
The stock was up 10.89% to $20.26 at 9:35 a.m.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite StocksSTOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates KANDI TECHNOLOGIES GROUP as a Hold with a ratings score of C. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate KANDI TECHNOLOGIES GROUP (KNDI) a HOLD. The primary factors that have impacted our rating are mixed - some indicating strength, some showing weaknesses, with little evidence to justify the expectation of either a positive or negative performance for this stock relative to most other stocks. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance and increase in net income. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including disappointing return on equity, weak operating cash flow and poor profit margins." Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- KNDI's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 11.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 170.9%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 1000.00% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 319.69% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Although KNDI had significant growth over the past year, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock at the current time.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.44, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Despite the fact that KNDI's debt-to-equity ratio is low, the quick ratio, which is currently 0.64, displays a potential problem in covering short-term cash needs.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$34.14 million or 113.58% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Automobiles industry and the overall market, KANDI TECHNOLOGIES GROUP's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: KNDI Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts