NEW YORK (TheStreet) --What a great Monday with all our 11 stocks really moving well to start the week off.
Of course, it helped that InterMune (ITMN) , which I bought recently, ran up some 35% on the news of a buyout by Roche (RHHBY) for $8.3 billion. We remain in a strong market that has yet to show me any sign of stopping.
Now that I've got a heavy weighting in stocks once again, I've just got to sit tight until there are signs of a top being in place.
Courtesy of StockCharts.com A great day for the SPDR S&P 500 (SPY) exchange-traded fund as it moved and held past the 200 level well. I'd love to see more volume but it is still August so many traders remain on holiday. The S&P touched 2000 but couldn't hold above it yet, but I don't think it will be long until reach 2000 on a more permanent basis. This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage. At the time of publication, the author was long ITMN, although positions may change at any time.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV