PetSmart, Inc. has partnered with the City of Sacramento to bring a portable, pop-up dog park to Sacramento. This dog park, which provides more than 9,000 square feet of space for pet parents to bring their pets to play, is now open. The new park, officially called the PetSmart P.U.P. Small Dog Park, is located at 1900 University Ave. in Sacramento, Calif.
"At PetSmart, we believe in enriching people’s lives through the power of pets, and this is centered on giving back to the communities where we all live and work,” said David Lenhardt, president and CEO of PetSmart. “The PetSmart P.U.P. will provide the pet parents of Sacramento with a place to let their pets run and play while improving the community.”
PetSmart’s P.U.P. is a shipping container that contains everything that is needed for a temporary dog park, including 340 feet of fencing, three Oops clean-up Stations, three moveable benches, and lighting on and inside the container. The shipping container serves as the park’s point of entry and exit. PetSmart provided all of the equipment required to set-up the park, and City of Sacramento will maintain it.
“PetSmart’s innovative P.U.P. gives Sacramento pet parents a place to play with their dogs and build a stronger community,” said Kevin Johnson, Mayor of the City of Sacramento. "The City of Sacramento is a great place to live and the good work PetSmart has done with the City is another example of how we can truly meet our residents’ needs. We are excited for this park and look forward to our residents using it for years to come.”There are currently two other PetSmart P.U.P.s in the country: one in Phoenix, Ariz and a second in downtown Detroit (Detroit’s first urban dog park). In addition, PetSmart plans to bring a P.U.P. to one more community by the end of 2014.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV