The online retailer could announce a deal to acquire the company soon, according to The Information. Previous reports said that Google (GOOGL) was close to buying Twitch, which specializes in streaming video game gameplay, but Amazon may have snatched the company away from the search giant according to the report.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 7.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 23.1%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Although AMZN's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.29 is very low, it is currently higher than that of the industry average.
- 36.46% is the gross profit margin for AMAZON.COM INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -0.65% trails the industry average.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Internet & Catalog Retail industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 1700.0% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$7.00 million to -$126.00 million.
- Net operating cash flow has declined marginally to $862.00 million or 2.04% when compared to the same quarter last year. In conjunction, when comparing current results to the industry average, AMAZON.COM INC has marginally lower results.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: AMZN Ratings Report