The enterprise security and device management features in Apple's (AAPL) iOS 8 should motivate companies to replace their BlackBerry (BBRY) devices with iPhones, according to Deutsche Bank analyst Karl Keirstead. Such a switch should help mobile IT firm MobileIron, the analyst said.
Keristead wrote that a mobile IT head at on large enterprise is "planning a partial migration away from BlackBerry," citing concerns about BlackBerry's ability to invest at scale to support new devices, the platform's weak app ecosystem compared to iOS, and user preferences.
Apple is expected to release iOS 8 along with the next generation of iPhones in September.Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. MOBL data by YCharts EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he and Stephanie Link think could be potentially HUGE winners. Click here to see the holdings for FREE.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV