NAPLES, Fla., Aug. 25, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The Hertz Corporation ( NYSE: HTZ) announced today that it has appointed Louis R. Franzese as Chief Human Resources Officer, effective September 8, 2014. Mr. Franzese succeeds LeighAnne Baker, who left Hertz earlier this year to become Chief Human Resources Officer at Cargill, Inc.
Mr. Franzese joined Hertz in 1999 as Senior Staff Counsel specializing in Labor Relations. Between 2005 and 2012 he was the Company's senior labor lawyer and spokesperson, having been promoted to Vice President, Labor Relations and HR Practices in 2005. In 2012, Mr. Franzese was promoted to Senior Vice President with responsibility for the Company's Human Resources function in the Americas.
" Lou Franzese has extensive experience leading our HR efforts in the Americas, our largest market, including successfully managing the most sensitive employee and labor relations matters for Hertz," said Mark P. Frissora, Hertz Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. "Lou has proven time and again his ability to constructively address employee-related issues and, in his most recent position at Hertz, stepped up to the challenge of leading HR business partnership, talent acquisition, employee relations and HR-related financial initiatives in the Americas.
"Lou has been a highly regarded member of our senior management team, and now moves into our most senior HR role in a time of transformation for Hertz and its employees. I am confident he will help lead us through this process to position Hertz for long term success as an employer of choice," Frissora added.Prior to joining Hertz, Lou spent eight years in private practice representing management in all facets of employment and labor law matters. Throughout his career, Mr. Franzese has lectured on various employment related issues and served as the Corporate Counsel Coordinator on the Executive Committee of the New Jersey State Bar Association.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV