VMworld — Today McAfee, part of Intel Security, announced key advancements to its Server Security Suites portfolio, which includes performance optimization and additional management efficiency to enhance security posture for servers deployed in physical, virtualized and cloud environments. These improvements strengthen an organization’s ability to discover workloads, achieve greater visibility, apply comprehensive protection with granular policy management, and expand server instances securely into the public cloud.
McAfee Server Security Suite Essentials provides a complete set of blacklisting and optimized virtualization support capabilities for security on all types of servers. McAfee Server Security Suite Advanced combines whitelisting with signature-based blacklisting to provide zero-day and advanced persistent threat (APT) protection without signature updates, resulting in quicker time-to-protection with low performance overhead. Both of these suites come with McAfee MOVE AV technology to provide advanced malware protection for virtualized server environments and can be implemented across multiple vendor platforms, or an agentless, tuned option for VMware vShield. All of these capabilities are tightly integrated with McAfee® ePolicy Orchestrator® software for efficient, centralized risk assessment, incident resolution and security policy management.
Significant amounts of data are stored on servers, putting them at the top of a hacker's list; securing them is a top priority. McAfee offers server security solutions that provide options for business growth whether the foundation is built on physical, virtualized or cloud environments. Assortments of key enhancements ushered in with this release include:
- Simplified Security Virtual Appliance (SVA) provisioning through the NSX composer for MOVE AV (Agentless) deployments
- Increased visibility and control over network communications between virtual machines with MOVE Agentless Firewall leveraging VMware vCloud Networking and Security (vCNS), a hypervisor-based solution for virtualized data centers
- Simplified security manageability with a new SVA manager for MOVE AV (multi-platform) to more effectively manage capacity and load for virtualized environments
- Improved resource optimization for virtualized environments with improved diagnostics for AV performance tuning and reduced resource utilization through flexible tuning policies
- Automatically discover and manage virtual machines as they are provisioned in private and public clouds with two new additional McAfee Data Center Connectors for Microsoft Azure and OpenStack to complement the two existing Data Center Connectors for Amazon AWS and VMware vSphere
McAfee Server Security Suites deliver foundational elements to secure servers that support the need of today’s data center to be flexible and scalable to help drive business expansion whether the underlying infrastructure is on-premises or off-premises.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts