PHOENIX, Aug. 25, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Republic Services, Inc. (NYSE:RSG) today announced that Charles F. "Chuck" Serianni, 52, has been named executive vice president and chief financial officer, effective immediately. Mr. Serianni has been with Republic for 17 years and has held senior field and corporate finance positions of increasing responsibility, including senior vice president and chief accounting officer. Mr. Serianni succeeds Glenn A. Culpepper who has left the Company to pursue other opportunities.
"Chuck's broad financial experience and long, successful tenure at Republic position him and the Company for continued success. He is a proven member of our leadership team and has a deep understanding of Republic and our business objectives that drive long-term growth and shareholder value," stated president and chief executive officer, Donald W. Slager. "This appointment reflects Republic's ongoing commitment to our succession planning process, which is designed to ensure seamless leadership transitions. We look forward to Chuck's leadership and counsel as we create America's preferred recycling and solid waste partner."
Slager added, "We would like to thank Glenn for his contributions and leadership to Republic Services and wish him the best in his future endeavors."
Serianni has 30 years of corporate financial experience. He joined Republic Services in 1997 and during his tenure has brought key leadership and collaboration to strategic business opportunities in order to successfully advance the Company's goals and objectives. Serianni has significant experience with Securities and Exchange Commission rules and regulations, mergers and acquisitions, operational accounting, treasury and insurance.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV