Weekly Currency Market Price Action Forecast for Aug. 25-29
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- The EURUSD continues to lose ground as the bearish trend remains intact.
We can see in the weekly chart below that the next key support level is down near 1.3100. Thus, this week, traders can watch for price-action sell signals on any retraces back to resistance to trade in line with bearish momentum with a tentative target area down near 1.3100 support.
>>Read More: 8 Stocks George Soros Is Buying in 2014
GBPUSD -- Sterling/dollar downtrend continues, price approaching key support
The GBPUSD has been selling off aggressively during the last several weeks. We don't see any signs of this bearish momentum slowing down just yet, but there are some key longer-term support levels coming in down near 1.6460 and 1.6250. We could see prices stabilize or bounce higher near these levels in the coming days. Thus, traders basically have two options this week in the GBPUSD: Wait for a retrace back to resistance and a sell signal to trade with the downtrend, or wait for prices to hit a key support level and form a daily chart price action buy signal.
>>Read More: Cramer: Russia Trumps the Fed
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV