10 Ridiculously Unhealthy Fast Food Burgers
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- It shouldn't be much of a surprise that fast food burgers aren't exactly the healthiest food items on the planet. They're greasy, loaded with things like special sauces and bacon which, while tasty, only add to their calorie count and fat content.
The calorie counts on fast food burgers can vary wildly, even when they're on the same menu. This list collects 10 of the highest-calorie burgers we could find. It is by no means exhaustive, but it does include 10 different fast food chains. Each chain was only given one spot so none could crowd the field too much. Not that that's a feat anyone should want to accomplish.
Some of the burgers on this list might not be a surprise, especially the burger with multiple meat patties, but there may be a few surprising omissions...
10. McDonald's Double Quarter Pounder with CheeseCalories: 730 Fat: 40g You expected this to be the Big Mac, didn't you? Turns out the highest-calorie burger at McDonald's is the Double Quarter Pounder with Cheese, and its tenth on this list with 730 calories per burger. The Big Mac only has 560 calories per burger, which isn't quite enough to make it on this list. Of the 730 calories in the Double Quarter Pounder, 360 come from fat. That's not too surprising, though, given that the burger has 40g of fat, 19g of saturated fat, and 3g of trans fat.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts