NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Foot Locker (FL) are up 3.50% to $54.41 on very heavy trading volume after the retailer of shoes and apparel earlier reported second quarter sales and profit that beat analysts' estimates.
Earnings were up 39% to 64 cents per share, excluding some items.
See why Foot Locker's strength is likely to continue in the second half of the year:
Stocks TO Buy: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn More. The company's revenue was up 13% to $1.64 billion in the quarter, above the $1.57 billion analysts projected. Net income was $92 million, or 63 cents per share, from $66 million, or 44 cents. Same-store sales increased 7%, while analysts predicted a 5.4% gain, based on Consensus Metrix estimates. TheStreet Ratings team rates FOOT LOCKER INC as a Buy with a ratings score of A+. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate FOOT LOCKER INC (FL) a BUY. This is based on the convergence of positive investment measures, which should help this stock outperform the majority of stocks that we rate. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins."
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: FL Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV