10 of The Most Unhealthy Cereals in America
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- There are few better ways to start the day than with a big bowl of cereal and milk. But let's be honest here. We all know that the delicious cereal in the colorful box is great on the tongue but not so much on the stomach.
There are plenty of high-fiber, low-sugar options out there, but the cereal you likely remember eating in your childhood while you watched Saturday morning cartoons probably isn't one of them. But is your favorite cereal among the most unhealthy? Does your favorite cereal basically amount to pouring packets of sugar into your mouth?
The Daily Meal compiled a list of the 10 most unhealthy cereals based on the percentage of sugar per serving. Each of these entries is based on a 35-gram serving. So without further ado, let's survey the damage.
10) Kellogg's Froot LoopsPercentage of sugar per serving: 41%, 14.5 grams of sugar per 35-gram serving Kellogg's released Froot Loops for the first time in 1962, and today the colorful Toucan Sam on the box is a widely recognized character. The loops are coated with a layer of sugar, so it's no surprise that the delicious, fruity rings make the list.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV