Parents Favor Boys Over Girls on Money Matters
NEW YORK (TheStreet) — Talk to most parents and they'll tell you there are no playing favorites with their kids. They're all loved and treated equally.
At least that's the idea. In reality, parents play favorites when it comes to certain child-rearing issues, and it seem that's the case on money matters, where sons get the lion's share of attention from mom and dad.
The numbers backing that sentiment up aren't overwhelming, but they are weighted more toward boys than girls in measuring parental involvement on money issues.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV