NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Intuit (INTU) was falling -2.1% to $84.01 after-hours Thursday after missing analysts' estimates for earnings in the fiscal fourth quarter and guiding below expectations for the fiscal first quarter.
The QuickBooks developer reported a loss of -1 cent a share, while analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters expected earnings of 7 cents a share. Revenue grew 12.6% from the year-ago quarter to $714 million. Analysts expected revenue of $699.49 million for the quarter.
Looking to the fiscal first quarter Intuit expects a loss of -20 cents to -21 cents and revenue of $620 million to $630 million. Analysts expect s loss of -4 cents and revenue of $680.61 million for the upcoming quarter.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite StocksSTOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreet Ratings team rates INTUIT INC as a Buy with a ratings score of A+. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate INTUIT INC (INTU) a BUY. This is based on the convergence of positive investment measures, which should help this stock outperform the majority of stocks that we rate. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, solid stock price performance and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow." You can view the full analysis from the report here: INTU Ratings Report INTU data by YCharts EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he and Stephanie Link think could be potentially HUGE winners. Click here to see the holdings for FREE.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV