"More men have become great through practice than by nature." -- Democritus
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- We saw a quieter day once again as we blow off a bit of steam from recent moves. I'm still not seeing any signs of a top whatsoever, even as the S&P 500 approaches the coveted 2,000 level.
It looks like we will move past 2,000 early next week to me, but I've been wrong before.
Read More: 7 Stocks Warren Buffett Is Selling in 2014There are still a lot of leader stocks that have great buy points set up and I've covered those this past week for subscribers. We're ready to go as soon as buy points are hit. Great stuff from the S&P 500 SPDR ETF (SPY) as it sets up to move past $200 sooner rather than later by the looks of it. Read More: $16.65B Bank of America Settlement Will Settle Nothing I didn't expect this type of move in August -- but I'll take it any day.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV