WHAT'S NEW: eBay has been telling candidates for the position of PayPal CEO that the unit may be spun off as soon as next year, according to The Information, which cited two unnamed sources.
WHAT'S NOTABLE: Billionaire investor Carl Icahn reported in a regulatory filing that he owned 30.8M shares of eBay as of June 30, which represented a 3M share increase from previous quarter. On April 10, Icahn said in a statement that eBay would benefit from spinning off PayPal, adding that he would continue to press the company to do so.
PRICE ACTION: In mid-morning trading, eBay rose $1.30, or 2.5%, to $55.Reporting done by Larry Ramer.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV