NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Perry Ellis International Inc. (PERY - Get Report) are up 8.29% to $20.89 after the apparel company said today it will continue its strategic review of the company's portfolio of brands and plans to exit non-core, low-growth brands and businesses, the Wall Street Journal reports.
The company has exited 23 private and exclusive brands since it started its effort to narrow its focus in the fiscal 2014 year.
Perry Ellis said its fiscal second quarter loss narrowed, though its revenue came in weaker than expected.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: PERY Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts