NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Stage Stores Inc. (SSI - Get Report) are down -6.76% to $17.25 in pre-market trade after the retailer missed fiscal second quarter profit expectations and lowered its full year outlook, the Wall Street Journal reports.
The company cut its full year per share profit forecast to $1.05 to $1.15, from $1.25 to $1.35.
Stage Stores earned $11.2 million, or 35 cents per share in the quarter, up from $9.6 million, or 29 cents a share a year ago.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: SSI Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts