WATERTOWN, Mass., Aug. 21, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Doble Engineering, the leading testing and maintenance authority with nearly 100 years of experience in the electric power industry, will attend CIGRE Session 2014, where industry leaders have the opportunity to connect on the critical issues they're facing.
At CIGRE Session, Doble will participate in nine working groups, host a special invite-only luncheon on Tuesday, 26 August, and have resident experts on hand, including Dr. Tony McGrail, solutions director of asset management and monitoring technology, who is a member of working group A2.49 on the condition assessment of power transformers.
CIGRE Session 2014 will focus on 16 fields of study and bring together experts from around the world to discuss the most urgent and relevant issues affecting the electric power industry today. In this dynamically changing industry, CIGRE plays a critical role in helping address new challenges and technology.
Two Doble papers have been accepted and published as reference materials for the study committee on transformers (SC A2) at CIGRE Session 2014. With transformers at the heart of the electric grid, many organizations compete for a spot on this committee. Doble's significant contribution to the discussion will help to drive the strategic direction of the transformer conversation.Additionally, Doble will have six country representatives participating in nine working groups that span over four study committees:
- Study Committee C4: Methods and tools for analysis related to power systems
- Study Committee B5: Principles, design, application and management of power system protection, substation control, automation, monitoring, recording and metering
- Study Committee A2: Design, construction, manufacturing and operations for all kinds of power transformers
- Study Committee B3: Design, construction and ongoing maintenance and ongoing management of transmission and distribution substations and the electrical installations in power stations (excluding generators)
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts