TSX/NYSE/PSE: MFC SEHK:945
WATERLOO, ON, Aug. 21, 2014 /CNW/ - Manulife has entered into an exclusive partnership with one of Canada's leading health care providers, Bayshore HealthCare Ltd, to deliver a Specialty Drug Care program. The program features drug case management services and a preferred provider network.
Manulife's Specialty Drug Care program is designed to enhance patient care for individuals managing complex medical conditions treated with high cost specialty drugs. The program's case management services will include education, health coaching, side-effect management, medication adherence and regular follow-ups.
"This partnership is unique within the Canadian marketplace as it increases the level of care being provided to patients taking specialty drugs and with Bayshore's network of 10,000 healthcare professionals, we are delivering a national solution that is supported by community based resources," said Lisa Callaghan, Assistant Vice President Product Group Benefits, Manulife. "In addition, the program helps contain costs for our plan sponsors and members. With specialty drug costs increasing by 10 per cent year-over-year*, managing this trend is becoming increasingly important."The pharmacy network will provide preferred pricing and will leverage Bayshore's Specialty Rx Pharmacy network to meet the logistical demands required to get these high cost medications safely in the hands of the patient at their home, infusion clinic, doctor's office or preferred pharmacy. The Specialty Drug Care program features:
- Case management and care coordination
- Preferred pricing
- Access to financial and community resources
- National reach with community based support
- Options for medication dispensing and delivery
- Improved health outcomes
"Bayshore is very excited to partner with Manulife to provide tailored specialty drug case management for Manulife's plan members and their families. Our experienced nursing network, coupled with our expertise in managing pharmaceutical therapies and disease states, will lead to improving health outcomes through this new program," said Stuart J. Cottrelle, President of Bayshore HealthCare. Specialty Drug Care is scheduled to be introduced later this year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV