NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Sears Holding Corp. (SHLD) are down -2.89% to $34.91 in pre-market trade after the company indicated more cost cuts and changes are on the way as it posted a $573 million quarterly loss amid declining revenue and margins, the Wall Street Journal reports.
Sears said slumping electronics sales continued to weigh on results, as did margin-squeezing costs from promotions.
Sears is now relying on its membership program and online business to drive sales while its turnaround grinds on, the Journal said.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: SHLD Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV