For the second quarter JA Solar reported earnings of 14 cents a share, missing the Capital IQ Consensus Estimate of 20 cents a share by 6 cents. Revenue grew 52.9% year-over-year to $390.5 million, below analysts' estimates of $393.98 million for the quarter.
Total shipments grew 47% from the year-ago quarter to 681.8 MW. The company said it expects total shipments of 730 MW to 760 MW for the third quarter, and 2.9 GW to 3.1 GW for the year, up from its previous full-year guidance of 2.7 GW to 2.9 GW.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite StocksSTOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreet Ratings team rates JA SOLAR HOLDINGS CO LTD as a Sell with a ratings score of D. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate JA SOLAR HOLDINGS CO LTD (JASO) a SELL. This is driven by a few notable weaknesses, which we believe should have a greater impact than any strengths, and could make it more difficult for investors to achieve positive results compared to most of the stocks we cover. Among the areas we feel are negative, one of the most important has been poor profit margins." You can view the full analysis from the report here: JASO Ratings Report JASO data by YCharts
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he and Stephanie Link think could be potentially HUGE winners. Click here to see the holdings for FREE.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV