Multi-Million Dollar Investment Supports New Jobs and Expands UPS Operations in Canada
MISSISSAUGA, ON, Aug. 20, 2014 /CNW/ - UPS ® (NYSE:UPS) today announced it will be expanding its Canadian network by opening three operation centres in British Columbia (BC) – Kamloops, Nanaimo and Comox, as well expanding its centre in Kelowna.
UPS pickup and delivery services for its customers in Kamloops began today, replacing its current agent. The expansion will further enhance UPS's already strong Canadian network and reputation for reliability while bringing the UPS brand further into BC, including the iconic brown trucks and uniforms worn by UPS drivers.
"Expanding our service in BC and across Canada is fueled by market opportunity and customer demand," said UPS Canada President Michael Tierney. "UPS continues to invest in new capabilities and network capacity to secure customers' confidence and enable their long-term growth."The expansion represents a multi-million dollar investment, 36,000 total square feet across the four centres and approximately 80 UPS jobs. It builds on the commitment UPS has shown to the Canadian market particularly in recent years with investments in Toronto, Calgary and eight cities across Atlantic Canada. The planned BC expansions will be complete by November 2014. UPS began the expansion of its global network into Canada in 1975. Over the past 39 years, that network has grown to include a delivery fleet of 2,600 vehicles (nearly 40% of the power fleet run on low-emission propane), 11,500 employees and more than 85 daily airline flight segments. Another 1,700 employees provide logistics and distribution, freight forwarding and customs brokerage services to Canadian customers. Connect with us on Twitter and join the conversation @UPS_Canada.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV