"In bear markets, stocks usually open strong and close weak. In bull markets, they tend to open weak and close strong." -- William J. O'Neil
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- We saw great action today, as markets continue to move very well. The Nasdaq continues to lead, which is always a good thing -- even though it has been some time since we've seen it happen.
I continued to buy stocks and am into margin now, which is always fun.
When things turn good, I get heavily invested quick.Read More: 4 Stocks Warren Buffett Is Selling in 2014 I'm holding about 10 stocks now, and they are always reserved for subscribers. That's on the upper end of my comfort zone, since I find it hard to really be focused on that many. But hopefully I'll be stopped out of a few positions in the near future to reduce the load. That said, if all my stocks continue to rise, it's not the end of the world. There are much worse problems I could have.... When it is quiet, it is quiet. But when it is busy, it really takes time and full attention to get the job done. The window for making money isn't always that big and we have to take advantage of it while it lasts. Let's move right into the index charts. The S&P 500 SPDR Index ETF (SPY) is continuing nicely higher, straight past $198 as I suggested to subscribers was likely since the Nasdaq (QQQ) shot straight through resistance a few days ago. Read More: No Reason for Penney to Exist; Party On, Biotech: Jim Cramer's Best Blogs This is great strong action, even if it is on lower volume. For now, it remains all clear -- although we are nearing overbought and could see a little rest for a few days shortly. That would set up new buy points and be a great thing to see. Enjoy your evening. At the time of publication, the author held no positions in any of the stocks mentioned. Follow @iTraderz This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV