NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- TheStreet's Jim Cramer asks what happens when expectations are so lowered that a stock is finally a buy on just OK numbers? He thinks this could be the case with TJX Companies (TJX) .
Cramer says TJ Maxx had a very hard couple of months but it looks like it has come back. He believes CEO Carol Meyrowitz is someone against whom investors should never bet.
The stock went from the $60 range to the $50 range, which Cramer said was probably a great opportunity to scoop it up, but people were concerned the company would "blow it again." But Cramer said TJX blew it one quarter and came back the next, so the stock is still a buy.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he and Stephanie Link think could be potentially HUGE winners. Click here to see the holdings for FREE.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV