UPS CEO-Elect To Discuss The Changing Face Of Retail At The Executives' Club Of Chicago's First Program Of The 2014-2015 Season
CHICAGO, Aug. 19, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- On September 9, join The Executives' Club of Chicago in welcoming David Abney, new CEO of UPS, the largest shipment and logistics company in the U.S.
Abney will address changes in the marketplace including evolving consumer expectations and how they are driving changes at UPS; how retail innovations are transforming traditional retail models, shifting control to consumers; and how growth in emerging markets with new-found buying power will challenge the status quo.
As a Fortune 200 Company and one of the world's most admired enterprises, UPS operates in more than 220 countries and territories worldwide.
The discussion will be moderated by Cody Phipps, President & CEO, United Stationers Inc.Abney began his UPS career in 1974 as a part-time package loader. Over the course of his 40-year career, he held various operational positions leading to his current position. As Chief Operating Officer, Abney has been responsible for UPS logistics, sustainability and engineering, directing all facets of the UPS transportation network that serves more than 220 countries and territories. On September 1, Abney will assume the role of CEO. Event Details
- Global Leaders Luncheon with David Abney : Tuesday, September 9, 2014"The Changing Face of Retail"In alignment with the Operations CommitteeThe Fairmont Chicago, 200 N Columbus Dr., Chicago, IL 60601Registration and Networking: 11:15 a.m.; Program: 12:00-1:15 p.m.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts