The new SSDs carry the AMD Radeon R7 Series brand and are the result of a partnership with Toshiba's OCZ Storage Solutions. The line includes 120GB, 240GB, and 480GB drives with read speeds of 550MB/s and write speeds of 470 MB/s for the 120GB drive and 530 MB/s for the 240GB and 480GB drives. The high-end 480GB drive also has a Max Random Read IOPS of 100,000.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 9.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 24.1%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- ADVANCED MICRO DEVICES reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, ADVANCED MICRO DEVICES continued to lose money by earning -$0.11 versus -$1.59 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.12 versus -$0.11).
- 37.96% is the gross profit margin for ADVANCED MICRO DEVICES which we consider to be strong. Regardless of AMD's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, AMD's net profit margin of -2.49% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. We feel that the combination of its price rise over the last year and its current price-to-earnings ratio relative to its industry tend to reduce its upside potential.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 4.41 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company. Even though the debt-to-equity ratio is weak, AMD's quick ratio is somewhat strong at 1.21, demonstrating the ability to handle short-term liquidity needs.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: AMD Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts