NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of GameStop Corp. (GME) are up 1.06% to $41.08 following a report that company CEO Paul Raines underwent an unexpected surgery last week for a small cancerous brain tumor, according to Reuters.
The retailer of videogame products said in a regulatory filing today that Raines, who will be undergoing chemotherapy, will restrict his travel during the expected six week of treatment.
The company also said the treatment period will not interfere with Raines' "continued leadership" of the company.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite StocksSTOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreet Ratings team rates GAMESTOP CORP as a Buy with a ratings score of B. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate GAMESTOP CORP (GME) a BUY. This is driven by several positive factors, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, attractive valuation levels and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself." Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- GME's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 0.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 7.0%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- GAMESTOP CORP has improved earnings per share by 28.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, GAMESTOP CORP turned its bottom line around by earning $3.02 versus -$2.23 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.68 versus $3.02).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Specialty Retail industry. The net income increased by 24.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $54.60 million to $68.00 million.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to -$277.20 million or 16.35% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -5.57%.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: GME Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts