SUNNYVALE, Calif., Aug. 19, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Trimble (NASDAQ: TRMB) announced today that it has acquired privately-held Manhattan Software, a leader in real estate and facility management software, headquartered in London. The acquisition extends its Trimble Buildings' portfolio of design-build-operate (DBO) solutions by providing building owners, facilities and real estate managers with integrated, end-to-end property, asset and facilities management systems. Financial terms were not disclosed.
The combination of Manhattan's software with Trimble's broad technology portfolio in positioning, Building Information Modeling (BIM), analytics and visualization accelerates Trimble's ability to deliver total lifecycle solutions that will allow owners and facilities managers to access data captured during the building planning, design, construction and renovation phases, thereby providing deeper insight, better operating decisions and better asset performance.
Manhattan Software provides on premise and software as a service (SaaS) solutions which include:
- Manhattan Integrated Workplace Management System (IWMS) provides an enterprise solution for planning and managing any organization's real estate portfolio of buildings and assets. The deep functionality of the Manhattan IWMS is designed for the entire facility lifecycle to maximize resource utilization while reducing the total cost of occupancy (TCO).
- Manhattan CenterStone Computer-Aided Facilities Management (CAFM) allows facility managers to effectively and efficiently plan and manage their space, facilities, assets, leases, work orders and operations.
- Manhattan Analytics enables clients to derive insight from IWMS and CAFM data to make more effective decisions to optimize their real estate portfolios. By blending data with scientific methodology, Manhattan Analytics provides a comprehensive view of space utilization, capacity, square footage, lease expirations and total cost of operations across client's real estate and facilities portfolios, and enables all opt-in clients to benchmark against a database of peer organizations in real time on an aggregated level.
- Manhattan Space Scheduling provides a scalable end-to-end solution for booking and managing meeting space and flexible desk space, through to meeting and greeting visitors, coordinating catering deliveries, and arranging complex video conferences.
- Manhattan Capital Asset Planning enables clients to measure past, present and future performance, and makes evidence-based decisions to optimize the use and management of assets in line with long-term corporate objectives.
"Facilities and real estate management has become one of the most strategically important parts of an organization's operational structure—and where the majority of the costs reside for building owners and occupants," said Bryn Fosburgh, vice president responsible for Trimble's Construction Technology Divisions. "Trimble's focus is to transform the workplace of the future by providing holistic tools to property owners, occupiers and managers to drive agility, efficiency and insight across the lifecycle from planning and design, through transactions, building occupancy and operations. Our acquisition of Manhattan Software will enable customers to leverage the data and intelligence gained through construction and renovation workflows, and to achieve benefits that endure throughout the full operational lifecycle of buildings.""Buildings are by nature spatial, making it essential for owners to visualize their usage, performance and costs," said Steve Vatidis, founder of Manhattan Software. "By combining Manhattan's leading IWMS and CAFM solutions with Trimble's depth of spatial and modeling technologies—including BIM, scanning, mobility and more—we are excited about our ability to redefine the future of workplace management innovation." With locations in 35 countries and over 7,200 employees dedicated to providing solutions that make workers more productive, Trimble is well positioned to leverage its global footprint to expand and support Manhattan's growing client base. Manhattan Software will be reported in Trimble's Engineering and Construction Segment. About Manhattan Software Manhattan Software is a leader in real estate and facility management software. Manhattan is focused on improving the performance of clients' real estate and facilities, wherever they are located. Manhattan Software offers two product suites: Manhattan Integrated Workplace Management Solution (IWMS) and CenterStone, a leading Computer-Aided Facility Management (CAFM) software. As an integrated suite of products, Manhattan improves clients' performance by enabling seamless management of all aspects of their real estate operations and portfolio. Manhattan is an advanced, Web-based real estate lifecycle solution that readily integrates into an organization's existing infrastructure. Manhattan Software was a named a "leader" in the 2014 Gartner Magic Quadrant for IWMS. In addition, the company has recently been cited as one of the 100 Most Promising Big Data Companies by CIO Review. With global headquarters located in the heart of London, Americas' headquarters in greater Boston, and a network of worldwide offices, Manhattan employs over 270 full time professionals and supports more than 350 clients in over 140 countries. Nearly half of Manhattan's clients are in the Fortune 1000. For more information, visit: www.manhattansoftware.com. About Trimble Buildings Trimble Buildings, a part of Trimble's Engineering and Construction Segment, is a world leader in technology for construction project optimization across the DBO lifecycle. With solutions that span brands including Meridian Systems, SketchUp, Tekla, Trade Service, Vico Software, and WinEst, Trimble helps the construction industry improve productivity, increase efficiencies and maximize the profitability of projects, from simulation to renovation. Used in over 150 countries around the world and supported by a global dealer and distribution partner network, Trimble technology is a mainstay of the building industry. Information on Trimble Buildings' DBO portfolio is available at: http://buildings.trimble.com. About Trimble Trimble applies technology to make field and mobile workers in businesses and government significantly more productive. Solutions are focused on applications requiring position or location—including surveying, construction, agriculture, fleet and asset management, public safety and mapping. In addition to utilizing positioning technologies, such as GPS, lasers and optics, Trimble solutions may include software content specific to the needs of the user. Wireless technologies are utilized to deliver the solution to the user and to ensure a tight coupling of the field and the back office. Founded in 1978, Trimble is headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif. For more information, visit: www.trimble.com. This press release contains forward-looking statements regarding the business operations and prospects of Trimble, including the impact of the Manhattan Software acquisition on extending Trimble Buildings' portfolio of design-build-operate (BDO) solutions. These forward-looking statements are subject to change, and actual results may materially differ due to certain risks and uncertainties. Factors that could cause or contribute to changes in such forward-looking statements include, but are not limited to (i) realizing the anticipated benefits of the acquisition, (ii) Trimble's ability to combine Manhattan Software solutions with Trimble's broad technology portfolio and offer customers compelling solutions that achieve benefits throughout the full operational lifecycle of buildings, and (iii) the risks and uncertainties associated with unexpected expenditures or assumed liabilities that may be incurred as a result of the acquisition. More information about potential factors which could affect Trimble's business and financial results is set forth in reports filed with the SEC, including Trimble's quarterly reports on Form 10-Q and its annual report on Form 10-K. All forward-looking statements are based on information available to Trimble as of the date hereof, and Trimble assumes no obligation to update such statements . GTRMB
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV