ADT (NYSE: ADT), a leading home security and automation provider, today announced a new relationship with IFTTT, a service that enables consumers to create powerful connections with one simple statement — if this then that. ADT and IFTTT are planning to test a beta version of an ADT Pulse® Channel on IFTTT, connecting a customer’s ADT Pulse-enabled home with more than 100 existing Channel partners. Whether it’s adjusting the thermostat to react to local weather conditions, or arming the security system based on users’ GPS data, an ADT Pulse® Channel on IFTTT could enable users to put many aspects of their home on auto-pilot.
ADT has developed a number of working proof of concepts, and “Recipes” offered could include:
- If a wearable changes from “sleep” to “awake,” then disarm the ADT Pulse® security system.
- If phone alarm goes off at 6:45 a.m., then turn on the ADT Pulse-connected coffee machine.
- If Life360® family members are away from home, then lock ADT Pulse-connected doors and arm ADT Pulse security system “away.”
- If the temperature outside is above 85 degrees, then change an ADT Pulse-connected thermostat to 70 degrees.
- If a user texts “DogDoor”, then unlock the ADT Pulse-connected back door.
- If the doorbell rings, then send me an ADT Pulse real-time video clip of the front door.
- If the sun sets, then turn on ADT Pulse-connected outdoor lights.
“ADT has more than 850,000 Pulse customers who enjoy the benefits of secure, smart home technology, and we continue to pioneer efforts that advance the market and provide the best home automation experience to our customers,” said ADT Chief Innovation Officer Arthur Orduña. “Together, ADT and IFTTT can provide homeowners an integrated smart home experience with a single app: ADT Pulse®. Through this relationship, we’re able to unlock all of the exciting possibilities of home automation by creating a bridge between a customer’s home and some of the world’s most popular content, services, and devices.”