- On professor quality: Law school graduates were most generous in grading their instructors: more than half (52%) gave their professors an “A”, while 37% awarded them a “B” grade. Eight percent of graduates gave their professors a “C”, while “D” and “F” grades were only doled out by 1% respectively.
- On making them “practice-ready” for the workforce: Graduates also rated their former law schools highly in this category. 25% gave their schools an “A”, while 40% gave them a “B”. A “C” was given by 21%, while 9% assigned a “D” and 4% an “F”.
- On how worthwhile the financial investment was: Also good news for law schools: most graduates feel they’re getting their money’s worth. Twenty percent awarded an “A” to their alma maters, 33% a “B”, 27% a “C”, 11% a “D” and 9% an “F”. According to American Bar Association data, in 2013, average tuition at a public law school was $23,879 per year for in-state residents and $36,859 per year for non-state residents. The average tuition at private law schools was significantly more, at $41,984 per year.
- On helping them find jobs in the law industry: Of the categories surveyed, this was the only one to receive a double-digit percentage of “F”s: 15% of students flunked their law schools, while 17% gave their schools a “D”. Twenty-eight percent gave their schools a “C” grade; 27% gave it a “B”. Only 13% felt their schools merited an “A”. According to the American Bar Association, 57% of graduates from the class of 2013 were employed in long-term, full-time positions where passing the bar is required - slightly up from the class of 2012 - though that percentage varies widely by law school.
Kaplan Survey: Class Of 2014 Law School Graduates Give Their Schools Solid Grades In Professor Quality, “Practice Ready” Training And ROI -- But Job Placement Gets More “F”s Than “A”s
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts