TORONTO, Aug. 19, 2014 /CNW/ - CIBC (TSX: CM) (NYSE: CM) today announced that it is being recognized by Global Finance Magazine as "Best Consumer Internet Bank - Canada" and "Best Integrated Consumer Bank Site - North America".
The recognition from Global Finance is based on criteria including strength of strategy for attracting and servicing clients, success in driving usage of online banking, and overall functionality.
"Delivering a great client experience online or through mobile devices is essential to a client's relationship with their bank, and we are proud to be recognized for leading in these important areas," said Aayaz Pira, Vice President, Digital Channels, CIBC. "Our clients want the flexibility to bank when, where, and how they want, which is why we continue to innovate in areas such online and mobile banking."
In recent months, CIBC has been recognized with numerous awards for excellence in the client experience. In addition to today's announcement, CIBC was recently recognized by Forrester for the best mobile banking offer among the Big 5 banks in Canada, and by Pegasystems Inc. for use of their technology in the development of a new sales and product origination platform.CIBC's clients have been the first in Canada to benefit from a number of innovations in retail banking in recent years. CIBC launched the first mobile banking app in Canada in 2010, a first of its kind mobile payments app in 2012, and most recently was first among the big 5 to allow clients to deposit cheques using their smartphone. Winners were chosen among only the submissions from participating Canadian and North American banks, and evaluated by a world-class panel of judges at Infosys, a global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing. More information is available at gfmag.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV