BASKING RIDGE, N.J., Aug. 19, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Verizon Wireless was once again the overwhelming network performance leader in the rankings of wireless providers in the United States in the second, semi-annual National RootScore Report. Verizon Wireless ranked highest in five categories in the national report, including the award for Overall Performance, and led state rankings with more wins or ties for Overall Performance in 48 states.
"These most recent studies are further confirmation of our continued commitment to deliver on our brand promise of providing customers with the best network experience," said Mike Haberman, Vice President-Network Support, Verizon Wireless. "The consistent reliability, quality and performance of our network provide a solid foundation for new technology and innovation that we will continue to deliver to our customers in the coming months and years ahead."
RootMetrics, an independent mobile analytics firm based in Seattle, said its national study is designed to characterize the consumer mobile network performance experience at a national and state level. Scores were based on RootMetrics testing performed in the first six months of 2014. The company ranked the four major U.S. wireless providers in six categories: Overall Performance, Reliability, Data, Speed, Call and Text.
In the National RootScore Report, in addition to receiving the Overall Performance award, Verizon Wireless also ranked highest in four other categories:
- 48 states for Overall Performance
- 44 states for Reliability
- 45 states for Speed
- 46 states for Data
- 44 states for Call
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV