Cramer says the company is spending a lot of money online. He says the company is known for its great salespeople in stores and shoppers end up buying far more than they realize. But Cramer asks if they are spending this much money on their website, then what happens to their core stores? He believes they will have less business.
Cramer likens companies such as this to newspapers; the more they spend on their website, the less people read the hard copy. He calls the Nordstrom stores hard copies that need to do better and believes the stock will not make a comeback anytime soon if Nordstrom continues to spend too much money on technology.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV