Four drivers representing FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX) operating companies were crowned National Champion in their respective driving classes at the 2014 National Truck Driving Championships (NTDC) in Pittsburgh, Aug. 12-16.
2014 National Truck Driving Champions (Photo: Business Wire)
- Paul Brandon, a driver for FedEx Freight in New Haven, Conn., won the National Flatbed Champion crown. A six-time Connecticut state champ, he has amassed more than 1.1 million accident-free miles during his 35-year driving career.
- FedEx Freight driver Basher Pierce (Greensboro, N.C.) captured the National 3-Axle Champion title in his third appearance at the NTDC. He has been driving professionally for 24 years and has more than 1 million accident-free miles on his record.
- Brendan Sharp, a Denver, Colo.-based driver for FedEx Freight, earned the National Straight Truck Champion title in his second-straight appearance at the NTDC. A 10-year FedEx Freight employee, he has been driving professionally for five years – all of them accident-free.
- Chris Shaw, a driver for FedEx Express in Albuquerque, N.M., attained the National Champion title in the Step Van class. The winner of five consecutive New Mexico state titles, he has been a professional driver for 21 years and is closing in on 1 million accident-free miles.
Six other FedEx drivers placed among the top finishers in their respective truck classes:
- René Molinary, FedEx Express (Miami, Fla.): 2nd place, Straight Truck
- Eddie Pennington, FedEx Freight (Jacksonville, Fla.): 2nd place, 3-Axle
- Tom Reinold, FedEx Express (W. Boylston, Mass.): 2nd place, Step Van
- Ted Carlson, FedEx Freight (Portland, Ore.): 3rd place, 4-Axle
- Nick Frazier, of Michael’s Messengers, Inc. domiciled out of the FedEx Ground station in Joplin, Mo.: 3rd place, Step Van
- Guy Frederickson, of G & K Delivery Services, Inc. domiciled out of the FedEx Ground station in Oshkosh, Wis.: 3rd place, Straight Truck
“FedEx team members are among the finest in the industry,” said Frederick W. Smith, chairman, president and CEO, FedEx Corp. “The achievements of our four national champions further reaffirms the commitment to safety and professionalism that’s at the heart of all we do.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV