Compare that to Europe, which is seeing declining growth, deflationary conditions, and heavy exposure to the conflict in Ukraine.
InvestorPlace.com just released a list of top performing U.S. dividend stocks for August, giving investors some clues where money could be best allocated.
The top three companies on the list are:
3. Frontier Communications (FTR)
Dividend Yield: 6%Frontier Communications is a regional telecom with junk-bond-type yields. The stock, at $6.50, is having an incredible year, up 41% so far in 2014. The company is focusing on retaining customers and cutting costs. Analysts believe Frontier Communications will post profit increases in both 2014 and 2015. This, alongside a river of free cash flow, helps ensure the fat dividends will keep coming. 2. Transocean (RIG) Dividend Yield: 7.6% Transocean is an offshore driller that has been beaten down due to stagnant energy prices recently. The stock, at $39, is off more than 20% for the year to date. The company is in the midst of a restructuring, which will spin off eight rigs into a new publicly traded company. But that won't do much for the stock in the short term. Despite the disappointing fundamental picture, Transocean continues upping the dividend yield, hopefully leading to positive total returns when the share price does improve. 1. Windstream Holdings (WIN) Dividend: 9.9% Windstream Holdings is the long-reigning champion of S&P 500 dividend stocks. The company's dividend yield, however, has fallen this year from over 12% to 9.9%. Read More: Can Goldman Sachs' Women Make the Cut in 'Extreme Jobs?' Investors are not too concerned, though, as the stock is up more than 40% for the year to date. This share price appreciation has been the main culprit in the falling yield. At around $4, shares are up nearly 11% for the year to date.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV