iShares Dow Jones Select Dividend Index (DVY) has rebounded by 3% after declining throughout the month of July. The dividend exchange-traded fund is mostly weighted by Lockheed Martin (LMT) , Chevron (CVX) , Philip Morris International (PM) , ConocoPhillips (COP) and McDonald's (MCD) .
Read More: 7 Stocks Warren Buffett Is Selling in 2014
The rush of funds has accelerated recently as weak economic data in Europe and the U.S. led investors to believe few developed economies were interested in raising benchmark lending rates anytime soon.
Read More: Dollar Stores Bidding War & Homebuilders Help Wall Street Rally
As global interest rates have been pushed to record lows, investors have been forced to seek out relatively safe investments that can also deliver some semblance of return.
That journey has led them back into U.S. stocks, and more specifically dividend-bearing stocks. U.S. dividend stocks offer the safety of being in a moderately growing economy, alongside steadily improving corporate earnings.
Interest rates have been pushed lower in the United States on geopolitical and economic reasons. For most of the year, fear of violence overseas in Gaza, Iraq, and Ukraine have pushed funds into U.S. assets, such as iShares Barclays 20+ Year Treasury Bond (TLT) and PowerShares DB US Dollar Index Bullish (UUP) .
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV