NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- China Finance Online (JRJC - Get Report) surged Monday after the company announced it debuted China's first independent web-based securities trading platform called "Zhengquantong" or "Securities Master."
China Finance Online launched the platform on its financial portals www.jrj.com and www.stockstar.com. Securities Master is part of the financial services company's new partnership with CITIC, China's largest brokerage firm.
The stock was up 19.78% to $5.33 at 10:42 a.m. More than 1.2 million shares changed hands, compared to the average volume of 472,655.
- JRJC's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 19.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 321.1%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- JRJC has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. To add to this, JRJC has a quick ratio of 1.77, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- The gross profit margin for CHINA FINANCE ONLINE CO -ADR is currently very high, coming in at 76.75%. It has increased significantly from the same period last year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -8.56% is in-line with the industry average.
- CHINA FINANCE ONLINE CO -ADR reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. During the past fiscal year, CHINA FINANCE ONLINE CO -ADR continued to lose money by earning -$0.41 versus -$0.54 in the prior year.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Internet Software & Services industry and the overall market, CHINA FINANCE ONLINE CO -ADR's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: JRJC Ratings Report