Share your messages of hope and inspiration ahead of this year's Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation CIBC Run for the Cure
TORONTO, Aug. 18, 2014 /CNW/ - Leading up to October's Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation CIBC Run for the Cure, CIBC (TSX: CM) (NYSE: CM) is inviting Canadians to share messages of hope and inspiration to family and friends who have been touched by breast cancer on a dedicated "Wall of Hope" in CIBC branches across Canada.
As the presenting sponsor, CIBC will put up Walls of Hope in more than 1,100 branches to raise awareness and funds to help create a future without breast cancer. For a suggested donation of $2, anyone can honour a loved one, or the person they're running for in the 2014 CIBC Run for the Cure, by writing their words of hope on a ribbon decal that will be proudly displayed in our branches. All proceeds for the in-branch Wall of Hope support the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation. A digital Wall of Hope is also accessible on the CIBC Community website.
"I invite everyone who has been touched in some way by breast cancer to visit one of our branches to share their stories and be inspired by the messages of others," says Christina Kramer, Executive Vice President, Retail and Business Banking, CIBC and CIBC's Executive Run Sponsor."The reality is this disease continues to be the most common diagnosis for women in Canada, which is why we can't stop working towards finding a cure," she says. "I encourage you to join the more than 125,500 Canadians, who will run, walk or volunteer in the annual CIBC Run for the Cure on October 5, 2014 in communities across Canada." CIBC is also pleased to launch the 2014 CIBC Pink Collection™, now exclusively available in branches across Canada. This year, the collection features handy and reusable items for a suggested contribution:
- Lunch Container for $10
- Reversible Tote Bag for $15
- Cosmetic Bag for $15
- Umbrella for $20
- GTA - Zina Atkinson "I'm doing what I can to ensure my daughters see a future without breast cancer," says Ms. Atkinson, whose cousin lost her battle with breast cancer at the age of 44 and her mother-in-law and aunt are both breast cancer survivors.
- Eastern Ontario - Alison Phillips "When I was very young my mother's best friend died of breast cancer," says Ms. Phillips. "Seeing the impact on her family and friends was something I will never forget."
- Quebec - Joanne Lavergne "When we see the number of women who now survive from breast cancer it shows that our small contribution as a volunteer can make a difference," says Ms. Lavergne.
- Alberta - Sangeen Natt "This cause does not just affect those with breast cancer, it affects everyone," says Ms. Natt, whose aunts, family friends and work colleagues have all battled the disease.
- Prairies - Linda Schulze "The sea of Pink T-shirts of survivors and Team CIBC was more than words can explain," says Ms. Schulze, whose partner's mother is a breast cancer survivor.
- Southwestern Ontario - Jennilea Ramos "I decided to join the Run because I wanted to be involved in something great to support my grandmother who had breast cancer," says Ms. Ramos.
- GTA - Rose Dorland "Breast cancer is no stranger to my family, having lost my mother and two aunts to the disease," says Ms. Dorland, a 37-year CIBC veteran.
- British Columbia - Jassy Braich "It matters to me because breast cancer could affect my family and family is the foundation of my life," says Mr. Briach.
- Atlantic Canada - Janice Neumann "There isn't a person I know who has not been touched in some way by breast cancer - be it family, friends or co-workers," says Ms. Neumann.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV