Trade-Ideas: Ecolab (ECL) Is Today's New Lifetime High Stock
- ECL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $78.1 million.
- ECL has traded 20,176 shares today.
- ECL is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ECL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ECL NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ECL: Ecolab Inc. provides water, hygiene, and energy technologies and services for customers worldwide. The company operates in four segments: Global Industrial, Global Institutional, Global Energy, and Other. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1%. ECL has a PE ratio of 31.2. Currently there are 11 analysts that rate Ecolab a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Ecolab has been 791,500 shares per day over the past 30 days. Ecolab has a market cap of $33.3 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and consumer non-durables industry. The stock has a beta of 0.61 and a short float of 1.1% with 4.87 days to cover. Shares are up 6.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Ecolab as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, revenue growth, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- ECOLAB INC has improved earnings per share by 47.8% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, ECOLAB INC increased its bottom line by earning $3.15 versus $2.36 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.19 versus $3.15).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Chemicals industry. The net income increased by 46.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $213.10 million to $311.40 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 7.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 6.9%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 53.38% to $317.50 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, ECOLAB INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -16.72%.
- The gross profit margin for ECOLAB INC is rather high; currently it is at 52.58%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 8.72% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full Ecolab Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts