Macy’s (NYSE:M) invites customers to participate in its ninth annual national “Shop For A Cause” charity event on Saturday, Aug. 23, 2014. Macy’s Shop For A Cause is a unique, one-day-only shopping event created to support local charities’ fundraising efforts. Since 2006, the program has helped raise more than $44 million for thousands of charities across the country.
Additionally, Macy’s has designated March of Dimes, the leading nonprofit organization in support of pregnancy and baby health, as its national beneficiary of all proceeds of sales of Shop For A Cause savings passes in Macy’s stores and on macys.com on Aug. 23.
In addition to March of Dimes, more than 4,000 local charities have signed up to participate this year. By purchasing $5 Shop For A Cause savings passes from these organizations, customers will be supporting their favorite local cause and will receive 25 percent off on regular, sale and clearance merchandise, as well as 10 percent off electrics, electronics, watches, furniture, mattresses and area rugs all day Saturday, Aug. 23. Exclusions apply, see savings pass or visit macys.com/shopforacause for details. Customers also are eligible to win a $500 gift card.
Each participating nonprofit organization will keep 100 percent of every savings pass it sells. For a list of participating organizations, please visit macys.com/shopforacause."Macy's is committed to giving back nationally and to our local communities," said Martine Reardon, Macy's chief marketing officer. "For the last eight years, Macy's Shop For A Cause program has provided our customers and associates the opportunity to show their support and give back to their local community organizations while enjoying great savings at Macy's. We are honored to partner with March of Dimes as our national in-store beneficiary and to offer our customers an easy and convenient way to make a positive difference in the lives of others."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV