Weekly Currency Market Price Action Forecast for Aug. 18-22
NEW YORK (
EURUSD -- Euro/dollar consolidates just above support, looking for sell signal
Last week, the EURUSD consolidated just above 1.3330 support and ended the week basically unchanged.
The trend is still down overall, but the market has showed some failure to follow through to the downside recently. Thus, if price retraces higher this week, we will watch for a price action selling opportunity from resistance near 1.3500.
Current view: Waiting for price action sell signal near 1.3500 or slightly below to rejoin downtrend.
GBPUSD -- Sterling/dollar hits support, looking for sell signal to rejoin downtrend
The GBPUSD lost significant ground last week, and its price ended the week down near 1.6650 key support level. We could see the price bounce higher this week, but given the weakness seen in this market recently, we prefer to look for selling opportunities.
Current view: Waiting for a price action sell signal from resistance, following a retrace higher
Why Home Depot Remains the Retail Sector’s Best Bargain Stock
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV