NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Jim Cramer fills his blog on RealMoney every day with his up-to-the-minute reactions to what's happening in the market and his legendary ahead-of-the-crowd ideas. This week he blogged on:
- The issue facing J.C.Penney and all retailers, and
- The reason why biotech ETFs are breaking out..
Click here for information on RealMoney, where you can see all the blogs, including Jim Cramer's -- and reader comments -- in real time.
There's No Reason for Penney to Exist
Posted at 9:45 a.m. EST on Friday, Aug. 15, 2014
- Our kids don't have as much money as we do because job growth and job wage growth is anemic so shopping is per se punitive.
- We are much more profligate than our kids because we make more money, but we are getting older and we don't feel like spending what we have left if we can avoid it.
- Technology makes it so we don't have to get into our car and find a spot and walk past stores we don't want to get to, in order to get to the store that we want to get to, which may not have what we need anyway.
- Price discovery via the cell phone has eliminated the ability for any retailer to mark up anything outrageously without being found out immediately as an outlier. So much of retail is commodity.
Party On, Biotech! Posted at 12:18 p.m. EST on Thursday, Aug. 14, 2014
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV