NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Last year New York City released an ad campaign called "Pouring on the Pounds" to address obesity. The idea is that many people may not realize how many calories and sugars they drink each day. The campaign was directed at fruit juice drinks, but the logic can carry over to other drinks. Starbucks drinks, for example.
It's easy to think about how many calories may be in a fast food burger and fries, but how often do you think about the calories in your Starbucks drink of choice? Some of those drinks can have even more calories than a fast food burger.
This list collects the 10 Starbucks drinks with the highest calorie counts. Note that all the drinks in this list are Venti size and use Starbucks’ recommended options. Any modifications, such as a different kind of milk, will change the calorie counts in each drink.
The good news for some is that straight Starbucks coffee and tea don’t appear anywhere on this list. The bad news is your favorite drink might make an appearance somewhere in the top ten.Mocha Frappuccino (500 Calories) With 500 calories in one 20-ounce cup, the Mocha Frappuccino is tied for the bottom spot on this list. Those 20 ounces also contain 140 mg of caffeine and 79 g of sugar. The drink is one of the simpler ones on the list. It’s made of coffee with mocha-flavored sauce that’s blended with milk and ice, then topped with whipped cream.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV