Aug. 15, 2014
/PRNewswire/ -- CNA today announced that 10 employees have earned Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP) credentials from the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP), with an additional five completing training.
Developed and launched by the IAPP with leading subject matter experts, the CIPP is the world's first broad-based global privacy and data protection credentialing program.
"We continuously work to better understand our customers' risks and emerging trends taking place within their industries," said
, Senior Vice President, Risk Control. "This certification highlights our commitment to providing more than just insurance products; it exhibits CNA's expertise in assisting clients learn how to minimize cyber exposures and successfully continue to run their business."
10 CNA Risk Control employees received the CIPP/Information Technology certifications for demonstrating an understanding of privacy and data protection practices in the development, engineering, deployment and auditing of IT product services.
An additional five CNA Underwriting employees have taken training from IAPP towards achieving the CIPP/
certification to demonstrate a strong foundation in U.S. private-sector privacy laws and regulations, as well as an understanding of the legal requirements for the responsible transfer of sensitive personal data.
"In today's technology-driven world, threats to sensitive data and the possibility of losing stored records represent a critical risk," said
, Vice President, Underwriting, Technology. "The CIPP training and designations demonstrate our goal to provide clients with resources and guidance to address issues related to cyber liability, data loss and security breaches."
The following CNA employees received the CIPP/IT designation:
- David Baker; CIPP/IT; California
- Kimberly Buckner, CIPP/IT; Colorado
- Robert Curcio, CIPP/IT; California
- Steve Douglas, CIPP/IT; California
- Paul Gouge, CIPP/IT; Austin, TX
- Nick Graf, CIPP/IT; San Francisco, CA
- Frank Keisler, CIPP/IT; Atlanta, GA
- Randy Miller, CIPP/IT; Pennsylvania
- Brett Russell, CIPP/IT; New Hampshire
- Terry Smith, CIPP/IT; North Carolina
The following CNA employees have received training towards receiving the CIPP/US designation:
- Andrew Abolt, CIPP/US; Chicago, IL
- Ken Guarini, CIPP/US; New York, NY
- Jacob Ingerslev, CIPP/US; Chicago, IL
- Michelle McArdle, CIPP/US; Chicago, IL
- James Reed, CIPP/US; San Francisco, CA
These employees join the ranks of more than 6,000 professionals worldwide who currently hold one or more IAPP certifications.