JACKSONVILLE, Fla., Aug. 15, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Over the past four months, CSX's Safety Train: Energy Preparedness Program, with rolling classrooms and specialized hands-on training, has trained more than 1,300 first responders from more than 250 organizations in more than a dozen cities and towns, in partnership with the Firefighters Training and Education Foundation. This enhanced training program offers fire fighters, police officers, emergency management professionals and other first responders insights on how rail cars work and how to deal with rail-related incidents.
"We want to make sure emergency responders along our rail lines receive the hands-on and classroom training to help them adequately prepare in the case of a train incident," said Skip Elliott, vice president, public health, safety and environment, CSX. "We have expanded our engagement with first responders and emergency personnel along key routes to include training specific to crude oil movements, and we remain committed to moving these materials safely and as efficiently as possible."
The CSX Safety Train: Energy Preparedness Program began in Philadelphia in May 2014 and reached Chicago this week. Along the way, it has trained first responders in South Kearny, N.J.; Kingston, Albany, Syracuse, Rochester, Buffalo and New York, N.Y.; Erie, Pa.; Cleveland and Willard, Ohio; and Garrett, Ind. Future training is planned for responders in the Mid-Atlantic this fall.
The CSX Safety Train is comprised of a locomotive, four tank cars, one flat car equipped with a variety of tank car valves and fittings, two classroom cars and a caboose. CSX hazardous material specialists lead training sessions with specific instruction on how crude oil and other hazardous materials are shipped. The train and instruction help strengthen CSX's partnership with first responders and provide a higher level of emergency readiness.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV